Terms and Conditions
EUROADVENTURES LLC CONDITIONS AND BOOKING TERMS AGREEMENT
This document outlines what Euroadventures agrees to provide when you sign up for a tour, and what you agree to do in return. When you book and pay for a trip, tour or activity with Euroadventures LLC (PO Box 2491, Issaquah, WA 98027 USA) you as the paying customer are agreeing explicitly to what is stated in this document. Please read carefully, for it sets out the terms and conditions governing the proposition of any purchase with Euroadventures and outlines your rights and what you’re entitled to as the customer and client.
When you (ie – the “client”, “customer”, “you”) book your trip, tour, activity, etc. and submit a payment (whether in full or only a deposit amount), an agreement and contract is made between you and Euroadventures, as well as any third party that is contracted with for any services, that you have therefore agreed to the specific conditions listed below, and in accordance with that trip, product or activity. Only the terms and conditions detailed in this document outline what you are to receive as a customer and your rights. No conditions beyond this document, from informational or promotional materials, advertisements, conversations, etc. can be implied, referenced or expressed.
By booking a trip or tour, you (ie – the “client”, “customer”, “you”) automatically assume all responsibility and liability for yourself and thus release and discharge Euroadventures along with any representatives, employees, contractors, subcontractors, partners and agents from all liability. You acknowledge that as customer you are an active participant on the trip, tours & activities and thus have done so voluntarily and at your own free will.
Included in the price of each trip, tour and/or activity is indicated specifically on website booking page. In general trips include round-trip transportation, accommodations in a dormitory sized hostel room or budget hotel, a number of either included or optional activities and a Euroadventures trip leader to assist with trip logistics, and providing basic assistance and advice during the duration of the trip. Please read trip and specific booking package descriptions carefully.
A. Full Package - Round-trip transportation (generally by private chartered bus but in certain situations may be by train or other transportation), for boat trips a round-trip economy deck ticket is provided, per individual trip the specified number of nights in a hostel/hotel or bungalow style accommodations on certain trips (4,6,8 & 10 bed rooms typically offered, size and room preference is subject to availability and therefore on a first-come, first-serve basis), a travel leader to check you into the hostel/hotel, help facilitate a more enjoyable weekend by providing you with the trip's basic information concerning recommendations of what to do, what to see, possible activities, restaurant & nightlife suggestions, etc' as well as assist, if possible, in the event of an emergency.
B. Fly-In (Meet Us There) Package – You provide your own transportation to/from specific destination(s) and meet us at the hostel/hotel. Generally includes the specified number of nights in a hostel/hotel or bungalow style accommodations on certain trips (4,6,8 & 10 bed rooms typically offered, size and room preference is subject to availability and therefore on a first-come, first-serve basis), a travel leader to check you into the hostel/hotel, help facilitate a more enjoyable weekend by providing you with the trip's basic information concerning recommendations of what to do, what to see, possible activities, restaurant & nightlife suggestions, etc' as well as assist, if possible, in the event of an emergency.
C. Transportation Only Package – Unless otherwise specified, includes round-trip transportation (generally by private chartered bus but in certain situations may be by train or other transportation), and for boat trips a round-trip economy deck ticket is provided. In certain circumstances, one-way transportation may be available but this is a specialty request and must be requested.
Room Upgrades - Depending on the trip and package selected, the standard accommodations provided may be in a mutlbed dormitory style room (and will be indicated as such on the respective trip's info/booking page). In this case, an optional, extra-cost single and double-room supplements (private rooms) may available on a limited, space-available basis, for certain tour/trip itineraries. Costs can vary, but generally cost 30 Euro per night extra for a single room, and in the case of a double/twin room the cost is 20 Euro per night per person (40 Euro per night per double/twin room extra). The customer must email Euroadventures in order to receive a price quote and in order to pay for room upgrade.
*IMPORTANT, Euroadventures trip leaders are NOT professional tour guides and therefore are not expected to provide in-depth walking tours, guided excursions, or extensive historical knowledge of the city/site of that tour. Leaders are responsible for properly arranging only your trip logistics, and providing basic assistance and advice during the duration of the trip.
Contractors and Third Parties
While Euroadventures does arrange and operate nearly all of our own products, all arrangements are made with Euroadventures acting as a booking agent to contract with service providers (ie – operators of buses, boats, trains, hostels, hotels, etc.) in order to create the product and fulfill the customer booking. In certain cases third party contractors may sub-contract portions of a trip or tour including but not limited to guiding, accommodations, transportation, activities, etc. The customer acknowledges this and does not hold Euroadventures liable for any actions or omissions by any third party. In addition third party providers may have their own terms and conditions and when booking a product with Euroadventures, a customer agrees to such conditions and is subject to them.
Tour prices quoted/listed are in EURO as advertised on promotional material and website. The exchange rate decided by Euroadventures is based on average overall currency exchange rates and trends at the time of the transaction and are subject to change without notice. The exchange is determined by Euroadventures and transactions are not eligible for refund in the event of an exchange currency devaluation or fluctuation (transaction amount is final at the time of payment).
To reserve and guarantee your place on any Euroadventures trip/tour you must agree to these Terms & Conditions and provide us with a payment of the specified amount (as is specified for each individual trip on the respective booking page) of the trip’s total price per person prior to departure in full. American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover debit or credit cards are accepted for tour payments. When a payment is made on the website, you will be emailed (immediately after a succesful booking & payment) an electronic receipt and booking summary to the email address entered in the booking/payment form. If the payment is made in person with credit/debit card or in cash you will be provided with a receipt of your transaction. In case of any discrepancy over the transaction or the amount charged, it is your responsibility to retain your email confirmation and/or physical receipt and be able to present it upon request. When a deposit (not full payment - if "deposit" is an available payment option) is made, it guarantees a reservation 100%, however it does not lock in the final price (as prices do increase). The deposit paid will be subtracted from the total price of the trip (the price at the time of the balance settlement is not the price of trip when the deposit was made as prices can increase). Only a full payment initially locks in the price as the entire amount will have been paid and nothing owed at a later date. A reservation without paying can be made IF indicated on a respective trip’s booking page. This will enter you into the booking system but not guarantee or lock in a price (as prices do increase). You will not be notified of the trip price increasing, however you will be notified before the trip, or in the case that it will sell out, that you have a 24 hour time frame to make a payment for the trip (deposit or full payment). Once the payment is made, then the reservation will be confirmed 100%.
1. Unfulfilled or Outstanding Payments:
A. In the case of an unfulfilled payment and outstanding debt to Euroadventures due to credit card issues (lack of funds, locked account/card, inaccurate card billing information, etc.) you will be sent a notice via email and have 10 calendar days to respond and settle your debt. If you don't respond by the time specified in the email, 5% interest will be charged thereafter per day on the outstanding balance still owed. After 30 days you will be sent to a collection agency to settle the outstanding amount, in addition to interest accrued as well as the collection agency's fee.
B. If you dispute or file a chargeback (whether intentional or accidental) on a charge previously authorized, in which these conditions were therefore agreed to, you will have 10 calendar days from the notice you receive, via email, from Euroadventures concerning this matter to cancel the chargeback and settle your payment. If the chargeback is not cancelled by the time specified in the email notice, 5% interest will be charged thereafter per day on the outstanding balance still owed until the chargeback is canceled and your payment released to Euroadventures. In the event that you don't settle the chargeback and it has to be decided by a third party member (i.e. ' card issuing company), you will be subject to pay for any fees associated with the chargeback, whether win or lose, as well as a $50 chargeback fee from Euroadventures. In addition if you are then found to be in violation of the Euroadventures refund policy, even if your credit card company/bank or arbitrator decided a charge back case in your favor, you will be sent to a collection agency to settle the outstanding debt owed to Euroadventures, in addition to the above mentioned interest accrued during this time of dispute as well as the collection agency's fee.
Cancellations, Refunds and Changes
1. If you cancel, a written request must be sent to Euroadventures via email. Refunds will only be granted with a written request sent to Euroadventures via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Any cancellation request and refund eligibility is as follows:
A. 15 calendar days or more notice to that trip's departure, 100% of funds paid are eligible for refund.
B. 10-14 calendar days notice to that trip's departure, 50% of funds paid are eligible for refund.
C. 9 calendar days or less notice to that trip's departure,no refund will be granted and 100% of funds paid are forfeited and customer agrees to surrender their payment made to Euroadventures.
*Bookings made with less than 15 days prior to a departure are subject to the same rules as listed above in regards to a cancellation request and refund.
**Trips that are booked with a discounted or sale price, early-bird discount, promoter or agent discount, multi-trip discount, etc. are not eligible to be refunded. The booking and payment is final at the time of sale/purchase and non-refundable (even in the event of a no show by the customer, or cancellation request for any reason).
3. Due to their unique nature, once booked, there are no cancellations or transfers allowed for Munich Oktoberfest and/or Munich Springbeerfest (Frulingsfest) trips, or any Easter holiday weekend trips (2018 – March 29-April 2 including Amalfi Coast, Croatia, Corfu and any other trips taking place during this weekend), Ireland St. Patrick's weekend trips (2018 - March 14-17), nor French Riviera Cannes Film Festival or Monaco Formula One (F1) weekends. The booking and payment is final at the time of sale/purchase and non-refundable & non-transferrable for any of the trips listed above (even in the event of a no show by the customer, or cancellation request for any reason). Changes or switches to the existing trip booking (date switch, package change, etc.) are also not allowed.
4. Tours canceled by Euroadventures, although unlikely, may be canceled due to unforeseen circumstances or a low number of participants. In order to keep our prices low, we must price our trips based on a minimum number of participants. If this minimum number is not met, Euroadventures reserves the right to cancel tours up to but not less than 24 hours in advance before a trip's departure. In the case of a cancellation, you will be notified via email (by the email address the trip was booked with). If Euroadventures cancels a tour you have reserved, you will have the below options:
A. Have the entire amount you have paid to Euroadventures for the applicable tour refunded (refunds are issued within 14 days after the tour's cancellation).
B. Transfer your paid amount to a trip of equal value offered during the same period (or if decision is made to transfer to a trip during the same period but of lesser value, then any amount paid over the cost of the trip will be refunded – same time frame of 14 days applies for refund amount to be issued).
C. Transfer paid amount to a future trip of equal, lesser or greater value (same rules apply as above in regards to a lesser value trip and refund time frame. In case of greater value trip, then customer will be asked to pay remainder owed before that trip’s departure).
5. Customer is not entitled to any refund or credit for any early departure from a trip or cancellation or no show due to personal injury, sickness, exams, make up class, safety concerns, disease, accident, death or any other reason.
*It is highly recommended that a customer provides their own travel insurance to be covered financially (as travel insurance is not provided in the cost of a trip booking)..
6. A cancellation and refund is not justified by citing the commonly known, and everyday present, terrorist threat. This is a situation to which Euroadventures has no control. The currently applicable potential terror risk worldwide, is considered the same as at the time of booking. At present the development of the actual security situation cannot be judged and the invidvidual assumes this risk and liability at the time of booking. It is up to the invidual to keep up to date on security situations, travel & tourism advisories and any news from governmental agencies and/or their own respective State Department or from any credible agency in the destination they'll be visiting. Euroadventures does not have the responsibility, nor the expertise like a governmental agnecy, to inform about such travel advisories, current events, etc.
1. The described outline of any trip is to be taken as an indication of what each individual can accomplish and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Euroadventures. Tour itineraries are indicative only, and are subject to change without notice (this includes travel methods from buses, trains, boats, etc., to departure/arrival times and length of travel, routes, and accommodations - where we stay). Europe is full of surprises and we need to be flexible enough to take advantage of whatever comes along so that we may provide you with the best possible trip.
*itinerary, accommodations and prices are subject to change without notice.Accommodations can vary and may not exactly match the image or name advertised on our website or promotional materials.Suitable and equivalent accommodations will be provided in the event of a need to change accommodations (due to availability issues for example).
2. In the event of poor weather conditions, mechanical breakdown, labor disputes, border delays, or other causes lengthy delays can happen. Under no circumstances can Euroadventures be held liable for delays or other issues that arise from factors outside of our control.
3. In the event of an itinerary change, especially the departure time or place, Euroadventures will notify you by email. It is your responsibility as the reservation holder to monitor your email as well as answer your phone. If you fail to do either and then fail to show up at the newly specified departure time or place you will forfeit all funds paid to Euroadventures.
4. There may be times when the Euroadventures trip leader has to make a decision in the best interests of the group. You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed Euroadventures leader and the laws of the country in which you are traveling. If you do not so comply or if, in the Euroadventures' trip leader's opinion, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of other members on the tour or the smooth operation of the tour itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the tour. You agree that in those circumstances we have the exclusive right and discretion, to expel you, from a tour at any time, without any claims or complaints by you against us. You therefore, surrender any right to a refund and surrender all money paid to Euroadventures.
5. It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and any visa if required of your nationality for the country/countries we are traveling to. It is up to you, the customer, to ensure that you possess all necessary travel documents required to enter and exit a destination. Euroadventures is not responsible, or obligated to provide any refund, if you have failed to provide proper documentation required by authorities and are refused passage and thus are forced to depart from the trip or tour.
6. You agree that Euroadventures may take photographs and films/videos of you while you are on our tour and that these may be used on our website, in our brochures and/or advertising or publicity material worldwide and royalty-free without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
1. Euroadventures acts strictly as a booking agent contracting coaches/buses, boats, hotels and other services. All bookings with any service providers are subject to the terms and conditions as well as limitations of liability imposed by those service providers. Further, Euroadventures shall assume no responsibility in any way for any delay, injury, loss of personal items/luggage, accident, or death that may be caused by either reason or default of any company, agent or person engaged in carrying our arrangements for the tour.
2. Many of our activities are action and adventure orientated. Sports and similar activities inherently involve risks of injury greater than those that would be encountered if you were not participating in such, and therefore, by voluntarily taking part in any sports or other such activities, you thereby acknowledge and assume any of the risks inherent therein. In the event of any incident neither we nor any affiliated agency accept any responsibility for, and shall not be liable for, any delay, injury, illness, damage, loss, accident, expense, death or any other circumstances resulting from your participation in any of the activities made available to you.
3. Euroadventures cannot be held responsible for any delays and loss resulting from weather, incidents due to government action, mechanical breakdown, equipment failure, labor disputes, sickness, acts of war, insurrection, terrorism, Acts of God, “Force Majeure” or any other causes beyond Euroadventures' direct control.
4. Euroadventures is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property. It is your responsibility to take care of your own personal property no matter in the hotel, bus, boat, train, etc.
5. Euroadventures is not responsible and not entitled to grant a refund or accept liability for any early departure from a trip or cancellation or no show due to personal injury, sickness, exams, make up class, safety concerns, disease, accident, death or any other reason.
Travel insurance is not included in a trip booking, and Euroadventures will not cover any costs for a missed trip, theft, loss of personal items, illness or medical expenses, legal issues, etc. It is up to the customer to provide his/her own comprehensive travel insurance to be covered, and this is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Insurance may cover the cost of reimbursement in case you can’t make a trip in the case of illness, school conflict, unannounced visitors, covered in the case of lost luggage, etc. As well, it is advised to have your own personal medical insurance with international coverage in case of any medical emergencies during your travels. Be sure to read all insurance policies carefully to see what coverage is provided.
1. Euroadventures must collect personal information in order to process bookings and payments, secure reservations and arrangements, register traveller details with the proper authorities in certain cases if legally required, and sometimes this information may also be shared with third party operators and contractors to deliver services on behalf of the customer.
2. Any personal information collected either during the booking process, leading up to or during the trip, or at any other time can be used to relay information concerning your purchase, for the operation of a trip or tour, as well as for sending future promotional and marketing material regarding trips and special offers.
Terms & Conditions Changes and Updates
From time to time, and without notice, there may be changes and/or updates to our booking terms and conditions. Euroadventures LLC reserves the right to update and/or alter this document and its conditions at anytime. It is the clients responsibility to familiarize themselves with them.